Lindow Pilgrimage around the lake and monastery
The state-recognised resort of Lindow lies between three lakes. The medieval walls of the former Cistercian convent on the Wutzsee are inseparably linked to the history of the village. Presumably founded around 1230, the convent later became one of the wealthiest in the Mark and the convent school became an educational institution for rich aristocratic daughters. Names of well-known noble families can still be found in the cemetery at today's ruins. Today, guests of Lindow appreciate above all the good Brandenburg air - for example, during a walk in the "Garden of the Book", which combines plants from the three great world religions. The Stechlin-Ruppiner Land Nature Park, which surrounds the town, and the three bathing lakes, some of which are crystal clear, with signposted hiking routes, also offer pure recreation. The path around the Wutzsee lake, for example, offers almost enchanted places between moss-covered oaks and tall pines and also leads past the historic monastery mill.